Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chuukese!

If someone asked me a few weeks ago what Chuukese was, I wouldn't have known.
Now I know!
It is a language and a people from the islands of Chuuk in Micronesia (where my brother is serving his mission).
He is serving on the island of Saipan, being trained by a Chuukese companion...and guess what...
I just got a new companion to train...and she is Chuukese!
Reyes shimai is from Hawaii, but she is mostly Chuukese!
Reyes shimai and Orton shimai
We had the opportunity to attend a Young Single Adult dinner with an investigator. It was held at the home of the Tobe family. This is a really great family that is dear friends with my family. I stayed with their family for 6 weeks during the summer of 11th grade. I was able to be reunited with old friends, including some of the girls that I attended Young Women's Camp with that year. It was a wonderful reunion.


No comments:

Post a Comment