Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Shoes

I was in a little bike accident.
I am fine (just bruised a little), but my favorite pair of shoes were totalled.
I learned what road rash is. 
So what happened was.....
We were on the road like a car.
The light was turning as my companion went so I tried to make it too. 
But my foot got caught on the road under my pedal (I pointed my toe or something when I pedaled
down) and I was moving so fast.... 
The skin on my feet and my shoes were scraped along the road. 
I almost fell into traffic as I tried to slow down fast. But I didn't. 
Actually the worst part was that because my brakes screech all the time and I frequently don't make lights that my companion does (I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I don't have the best bike in the mission), she didn't even notice. 
I was so full of adrenaline and embarrassment that I immediately felt sick to my stomach. 
We made it to the temple annex (church building beside the Tokyo Temple) where my companion bought me a juice from the vending machine and made me 'walk it off'.
It's sad but my very convenient flats are trash. 
But, angels protected me, so I am not complaining!
Life is good and I am so grateful to be on a mission (not to mention, alive) at this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment